We need a Head of Product who’s a multi-platform genius ⚡️
Bright Little Labs is building a kids’ media giant for the 21st Century. We make all sorts of kids’ stuff which promotes critical thinking, computer science, equality - and diverse identities and experiences. Our flagship story is about Detective Dot - an 11-year-old coder who is on a dangerous mission from the CIA (Children’s Intelligence Agency). Kids can join the CIA and carry out personalised activities on and offline. We’re on our way to publishing more books, mobile games and expanding our digital platform. We also just partnered with Turner (who own Cartoon Network!) so we’re making cartoons too.
THIS IS IMPORTANT: Our character - Detective Dot - is a third-generation British Indian girl. We want to work with people who believe in authentic character creation and we’re actively looking to work with people with lived experience of our characters and her family.
THIS IS ALSO IMPORTANT: We’re now hiring a creative team to help turn Dot into games and cartoons. We value merit, initiative and values over qualifications or industry experience.
About the role
We’re looking for a Head of Product to help us create amazing multi-platform products.
This role is for someone who’s excited about working on a variety of products - digital and non-digital. Who understands the importance of working across multiple platforms, who takes a holistic approach and doesn’t allow for product siloes.
We’re entertainment first, with a strong storytelling component and gaming experience that runs through everything. Our products also teach 21st century skills - so kids can learn about the digital world around them and learn to think for themselves and question everything. BUT FUN COMES FIRST🎢 .
- Work across all our IPs - Detective Dot is our flagship IP, but we’re developing new stuff for younger audiences. All our IP will take a multi-platform approach
- Help define our product vision and develop and execute on a product roadmap informed by the vision
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team of designers and developers and be responsible for building out the team as our products scale
- Bring a strategic mind and creative eye to drive the creation of our products spanning the digital and physical world. You will balance our user needs and business objectives with our drive for positive impact.
- Act as a bridge across our digital product team and creative product team, ensuring that there is consistency of product creation
- Tackle any obstacles that arise to creativity, collaboration and delivery across the teams and work with others to remove them
- Run product sprints to ensure the team is working in an efficient way and prioritising the right stuff
- Be ruthless with prioritisation!
- Focus on building products into a connected ecosystem, so that they cross-refer seamlessly to one another, in clever, fun ways
- You’ve worked on consumer products (ideally kids products)
- You’re technically minded - you know how to estimate builds and work closely with developers
- You have experience working on games (either physical or digital)
- You work well in a fast moving, iterative environment
- You’ve got initiative, are solution focused and you take full ownership of your work. You enjoy the challenge and responsibility of startup life
- You love leading, coaching, mentoring and growing your team. You’re comfortable putting in place the structures and processes for a healthy and high-functioning team
- You love bringing creative visions to life as tangible products
- Impact - an awesome role helping to define the direction of Bright Little Labs at an early stage in our growth plans
- Exposure - we're a high-ish profile project and we work with exciting people and partners
- Feel good factor - you’ll be working on a project at the heart of equality, education and technology.
- Fun - we’re building a top-secret spy agency. If we told you any more, we’d have to kill you.
Remuneration is dependent on experience.