We need a super-smart Business Assistant / EA 💥
Bright Little Labs is building a kids’ media giant for the 21st Century. We make all sorts of kids’ stuff which promotes critical thinking, computer science and equality. Our flagship story is about Detective Dot - an 11-year-old coder who is on a dangerous mission from the CIA (Children’s Intelligence Agency). Kids can join the CIA and carry out personalised activities on and offline. We’re on our way to publishing more books, mobile games and expanding our digital platform. We also just partnered with Turner (who own Cartoon Network!) so we’re making cartoons and games too.
THIS IS IMPORTANT: We value merit, initiative and values over qualifications or industry experience and we love diverse voices. If you’re not sure you are the ‘right’ candidate or have no formal experience, please apply anyway and help us to create something amazing.
About the role
We’re looking for a very smart, multitasking monster to work closely with our CEO to help her juggle very exciting and always shifting priorities. If you’re interested in kids media or startups, this is an opportunity to be part of a small yet fast-growing company and work very closely with our CEO to help her navigate creative and business challenges day-to-day.
- Support the CEO across all areas of the business, including the fundamentals: email, calendar and time management
- Help to prioritise workload and ensure CEO is working efficiently - be proactive in finding ways to make this happen
- Draft emails, proofread, help with presos, help with meeting prep, help with all sorts of stuff
- Develop great relationships with all stakeholders - the team, creators, big bad media companies, advisors, investors, our printers etc. You’re the face of Bright Little Labs so you need to be open, friendly, persuasive and kind.
- Work with the CEO and COO to create a team culture that is true to our values
- Fire fight, sometimes
- You like to be one step ahead, always bearing in mind the strategic aims of a company
- You’re excited by the prospect of working in a fast-moving environment
- You enjoy thinking about productivity, planning and efficiency
- You can be trusted with top secret information, you are discreet
- You’re entrepreneurial, you take initiative
- You calmly sail ships
- You care about our mission
- Impact - an awesome role working closely with the CEO
- Exposure - we're a high-ish profile project and we work with exciting people and partners
- Flexibility - potential for flexible working arrangements
- Feel good factor - you’ll be working on a project at the heart of equality, education and technology.
- Fun - we’re building a top-secret spy agency. If we told you more, we’d have to kill you.
Salary is dependent on experience. Starting immediately in our office in Old Street. With a large bear 🐻.